BUT: Lemons have a PH level of 2.0 which makes them very strong for the skin. And so, the following must be kept in mind:
1. Never Use Lemon Directly On Your Face.
- Lemons should always be diluted with water.
- Lemons should be used in a face mask mixed with other natural ingredients.
Why: Directly applying lemon on the face can be too harsh for the skin. Lemons contain high acidic levels that can cause the skin to react negatively (i.e skin irritation, redness, rashes).
2. Do Not Expose Your Skin Directly To The Sun After Using Lemon.
- Use lemons at night before bed.
- Always apply sunscreen.
Why: The acid in lemons increases the skin’s sensitivity, particularly when the skin is exposed to UV rays. This in return can cause skin concerns like hyperpigmentation, sun spots and sunburns.
3. Do Not Sleep With Lemon On Your Face.
Why: Wearing lemon for a long period of time can cause hypersensitive, irritated and dry skin.