Here is a list of things that you should avoid in order to get clear skin:
- Avoid sleeping on pillowcases made out of cotton, or pillows that have patterns or sequence on them. Sleeping on patterned pillows or cotton sheets increases the chance of getting wrinkles and quickens the aging process. Instead use silk-based pillow covers. Silk is soft in texture and the material will prevent your skin from creasing in any way.
- Avoid going outside during the winter when the wind is blowing. Blowing wind = a lot of dirt flying around that catches on to your face, clogging pores and leading to breakouts. If you are going outside in the wind, cover your face with a scarf and immediately wash your face when you get home.
- Avoid touching your face. I know a lot of people can’t get their hands off their face, but it is important you do so. Throughout the day, you touch door handles, money and other objects that transfer dirt, germs and bacteria to your hands. And then when you touch your face without washing your hands, these germs transfer to your face which can cause breakouts.
- Avoid foods that cause breakouts. In the past, if you’ve noticed that you get breakouts after eating a certain type of food, avoid that food. For some, foods high in sugar, such as candy and sodas may increase those chances. Whereas for others, dairy products, like milk and cheese may increase those chances.
- Avoid skipping your morning and night skin care routine. Your skin care routine requires a lot of commitment. Skipping your skin care routine once in a while is fine, because we all have those instances of laziness, but try to make it a habit. The more consistence you are with your morning and/or night skin care routine, the better results you’ll see with your skin.